Inventory and Distribution
The responsibility of the Inventory and Distribution Unit of Regional Blood Centre is to manage inventory and distribution of blood and blood products after these has been processed, tested and verified and following requests from the hospitals (customers).
The Inventory and Distribution unit will:
- Reception of finished (quarantine released) blood and blood components
- Plan and manage inventory;
- Store inventory blood;
- Maintain cold chain facility from inventory store to HBB;
- Release and dispatch verified blood and blood products to HBB.
- Maintain contacts with the hospitals (daily basis)